Wednesday, April 2, 2014

In complete

1. Incomplete Works is published by Victoria University Press.
2. Dylan Horrocks was half my prize for winning the Auckland University Graphic Fiction Competition.
3. Sarah Laing adopted my rabbits. 
4. I have reviewed Sarah's novel but have yet to find a home for my review.
5. Sarah may have phrased it differently.
6. Dylan may not have said this.
7. Usurper, doppelganger, pretender!
8. "Nathan Jones" was a hit for 80s Brit-band Bananarama.
All text and images ©RaeJoyce 2014

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Really like the color scheme, contrast in this piece. Very cool!

Lori said...

Oh, wow! You're a confusing but nonetheless brilliant lady.

Lori said...

Also, these drawings with watercolor backgrounds look really good.

Rachel Fenton said...

Thank you, Jamez! Always one to notice the just-so tone of my watercolours!

Rachel Fenton said...

I confuse myself all the time, Lori - it was only a matter of time before I affected other people! Thank you!

Michelle Elvy said...

So funny to hear your recount of this evening... cool. You Doppelgänger, you.
:)

Rachel Fenton said...

You have no idea how many people have told me thay have searched the twittersphere for this Rachel Jones, Michelle...including me! :) Cheers!

Teresa Stenson said...

Oh this is ace, love the way you told the story, love the footnotes.

Rachel Fenton said...

Thank you, Teresa! x

Rachel Fenton said...

Thank you, Kass x

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Great! What an honour. Just a pity he mangled your name there. I love the way you show your thoughts interjecting in his speech bubble. Very effective!

Rachel Fenton said...

It was funny, Helen! Wish you'd been there to hear/see it! I was glad, too, because it took the whole potential vanity of the moment out of it for me - I didn't even blush, because I was too busy thinking! I'm pleased for Rachel Jones, and grateful to Dylan for giving me a special moment without the spotlight blinding me!